WHEN ANSWERS COME



Image result for google clip art showing a check off list

Larnell Harris had a gospel song ages ago, "When Answers Aren't Enough, There's Jesus."  I have hung on to that song for about that many years as it was sung.  I do not wait well!  I dislike lengthy red lights and will obey them, but with a hurry-up attitude as I sit there .  Even in praying, the Lord seems to enforce the patient mode on me.  I have numerous requests before the Lord, and I continue to "wait upon Him" and have had to confess, repent, and rejoice in the process.  Psalm 138 is among my favs...thanksgiving for answered prayer. This is one of David's prayer and praise songs.

I love David's "I will" statements.  It is more a declaration of this is what "I will" do.  I am committed to this action.  David has committed to praise the Lord, wholeheartedly, and in the presence of all the self-titled gods who are mere men, he will give praises to the Lord.  He praises God for His love and faithfulness and adds this glorious fact, "for You have exalted above all things Your name and Your word." the word being God's Word and yet,  David has no clue that God would magnify the WORD being the Lord Jesus of John 1.  That verse has a Messianic forward glance.  Verse 3 is my treasure..."When I called, You answered me; You made me bold and stouthearted."  I crazy love speedily answered prayers!  I have to agree with David, answered prayers embolden my confidence in the Lord God, and strengthen my resolve to stand with courage and patience even if I have to wait.  

There are three other rich takeaway thoughts which I love from this psalm:  He looks on the lowly...When You are the Sovereign, all of us are lowly.  He looks/eyes fixed/ gazes on me, knows/intimate acquaintance with me, protects me, loves me, etc. The proud...He knows from afar. Surely I get it, He hates the works of the proud because the proud will not trust in the Lord, so the Lord is afar from the proud.  The proud have a whole different agenda!  Sovereign God has a plan and a purpose for me and HE is going to fulfill/ accomplish/complete it.  Philippians 1:6, "Being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."  

When I become weary in my waiting for answers, I forget that He has the whole request in perfect view and more than likely, I am NOT the center-most concern and neither is MY comfort! His concern is that I will be a trusting and obedient child committing to His purpose and that I will glorify HIM in the process.  Thank You for being a faithful and a loving Abba who fulfills the promise that "that no good thing does He withhold from those whose walk is blameless."  Psalm 84:11.   (Reminder:  Because of the Cross, Jesus has given to us His righteousness and in HIM, we are righteous and blameless.  Do I hear a Hallelujah?)  Ever learning!  In process!  #IHAVETHREESONS



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REHEARSALS

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

ORDER AND DESIGN