DISTRACTORS

Related image     Do you happen to notice your distractors  when you are working on a task?  In preparing children for working math problems or for tests, they have to be taught what is unnecessary information in the problem or in the reading passage.  We teach them to look for distractors that try to negate an action or make the information false or not the best answer.  "Not the best" answer should send one back to the drawing board to rethink. Operative word, SHOULD. 

In 2 Corinthians 2:11, "In order that satan might not outwit us.  For we are not unaware of his schemes."  At this point, I think a disclaimer is mandatory. We best be very alert, for he is always seeking whom he may use as his feast.  Even in joyful events, his schemes/ methods/strategies, can attempt to high-jack the good or even my own flaws of the flesh can high-jack the good.  Evil, my own or his, always attempt to be the center of attention.  Anything to rob joy. Evil one's method:  steal, kill, and destroy!

For some clarity to my thoughts, I run to Philippians 4:8, "Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things."  Sometimes, I am like Adam and Eve being told I can eat of any of these trees, but this specific tree of good and evil, I may not eat.  Tragically, where the heart goes, the will, and behavior can be quick to follow. Philippians 4:8 gives me great leeway on the good that I may mull and think.  Even knowing that truth, I have been known to give sway to my flesh and even the strategy of the evil one.  It looks like I MUST BE WILLING to bring my mind to the allegiance and alignment of the mind of the Lord Jesus.  My actions are questionable if impure thoughts are distractors.  Can you imagine how many less problems I would have if I obeyed Philippians 4:8...certainly less collateral damage!  Ever learning, more!  In process still!  #IHAVETHREESONS    
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REHEARSALS

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

ORDER AND DESIGN