PUTTING OUT FIRES

Image result for clip art of putting out fires    Having had a son who was a fireman/paramedic prompts me to be very alert to the causes of fire and the extinguishing of fires.   However, there is a fire which should never be extinguished ..."Do not put out the Spirit's fire." 1 Thessalonians 5:19.  Some versions of the Scripture read "Do not quench...", "Do not extinguish".., "Do not grieve", or "Don't suppress...".  I get it! We can extinguish the passion of the spirit within us with our doubts, disobedience, apathy, indifference, sinful attitudes and behaviors, rejection, ignoring, or not responding to His prodding to our hearts.

Consider with me that it is HE who counsels, who comforts, who helps, who searches the heart, who intercedes, who guides in Truth, who gives recall of truths, who convicts of sin, and who is able to tell about the Father's plan for us and will enable us to live out the plan. 

Being as practical minded as I am, I love the Truth that the Holy Spirit is the ONE who empowers, indwells, and is complete in all HIS abilities to meet my every need.   "The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children." Romans 8:16.  Thank YOU, ABBA, that YOUR Holy Spirit agrees with my spirit that I belong to YOU. Prod my heart, I do not want to grieve YOUR Spirit with sinful attitudes or actions.  Forever learning. In process, still.  #IHAVETHREESONS    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REHEARSALS

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

ORDER AND DESIGN