QUICK OR SLOW TO REMEMBER?

Image result for CLIP ART SHOWING REMEMBERWe remember birthdays, deaths, anniversaries, and other dates which are important to us. I wonder why my mind has a tendency to wonder off and forget God's goodness and blessings in my past?  In reading Joshua 4, God gives instructions to this second generation of Israelites who have just crossed  the Jordan River on dry ground, even in the flood season!  Each Tribal leader was to take up a stone from the Jordan River and the stones are to be carried with them to Gilgal, outside of Jericho, where they are setting up camp.  The stones are set up as a memorial...as a remembrance.  The Israelites are to tell their children "that the hand of the Lord is powerful, and so that you might always fear the Lord."  Joshua 4:24b

In Psalm 106, an anonymous Psalmist relates: "they did not remember your many kindnesses"; "they soon forgot what He had done"; "they forgot the God who saved them"; "they despised the pleasant land", 'they did not believe"; "they grumbled"; "they did not obey"; "they yoked themselves to Baal Peor (idols); "they provoked the Lord to anger".  Note the downward spiral of emotional responses:  from not remembering to provoking the Lord to anger!  These indictments could be attached to me also, tragically.

John 14: 26 "But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit , whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will REMIND you of everything I have said to you."  I don't have to respond as the Israelites for I have the power of the Indwelling Holy Spirit and the completed Word of God for a memory check.  SADLY, in a time of need when I should be waiting on the Lord to meet my need, I forget! I begin to look at the lack and all the presses of being needy and the need becomes the focus. The need becomes bigger than God in my mind.  Next to follow, the downward spiral of unbelief of will God/or can God?  You can just bet that grumbling is soon to follow!  How quickly I can forget PROMISES MADE; PROMISES KEPT.  Thank the Father for repentance and forgiveness.  Oh yes, and GRACE. I can review the times of being needy and Father has prolonged my requests to teach me to wait upon Him and to strengthen my faith.  Holy Spirit of God, my HOLY "RECALLER" of TRUTH, bring to my mind the goodness, the provisions, the mercies, and Your grace.  JUST A FRIENDLY REMINDER: Recall all that the Lord has done to bless you and to strengthen your faith. Recall His powerful hand in your behalf. #IHAVETHREESONS 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REHEARSALS

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

ORDER AND DESIGN