"I'LL TAKE THAT HILL!

Image result for clip art shoing wholeheartedness  Joshua and the people have taken control of they lands that they were promised.  It is  unpacking time and settling down time on the land that they have fought to claim.  

Dear old Caleb approaches Joshua at Gilgal.  He reminds Joshua of Moses' and God's promise to Joshua and him.  At the time when the promise was made, they both were a mere forty years old.  They had spied out the land which Moses had assigned them with ten others to explore and to check out the size of the cities, the fortifications, and their crops.  Caleb relates that he brought back a report according to his convictions, and so had Joshua, however, the other brothers who went brought back a report which "made the hearts of the people melt with fear."  As God had promised, HE kept Caleb and Joshua alive for forty-five years .  They are now in the Promised Land.  

I can just hear Caleb as he stands straight as a poker, and speaks strongly and loudly: "I am today, eighty-five years old!  I am still as strong today as the day Moses sent me out; I'm just as vigorous to go out to battle now as I was then.  Now give me this hill country that the Lord promised me that day."  He well knows that the Anakites are still in the cities of the land he  will claim, "but the Lord helping me, I will drive them out just as He said."  Joshua blesses Caleb and gives him Hebron.  The area has belonged to Caleb ever since, "because he followed the Lord, the God of Israel, wholeheartedly."  What a testimony!  We don't hear of him or Joshua complaining that God gave them 40 more years to watch the rebellious generation die off and the new generation raise up to go into the land.  Their heart is not divided with blame, finger pointing, and disgust.  They are full throttle whole of heart.  

The old boy is not but 12 years older than I am, but I surely do love his boldness and courage.  He is willing to be faithful and claim what God had promised.  Hebrews 10:23-24, "Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for He who promised is faithful.  And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds."  I encourage you to remain faithful in your trial of faith and claim the promises that are yours in Christ Jesus!  DON'T GIVE UP! DON'T GIVE IN!  DON'T GIVE OVER! #IHAVETHREESONS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REHEARSALS

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

ORDER AND DESIGN