NEEDING A BREAK-THROUGH?

Related image    Saul has now reigning as king.  He encounters the Philistines who have been the consistent enemy to Israel.  Saul's son, Jonathan, has routed a Philistine garrison and is victorious.  This only angered the Philistines and they are prepared for battle against Israel.  The have 30,000 chariots, and 5,000 horsemen, and men as numerous as the "sand on the seashore".    They are encamped near Gilgal , not far from where Saul is waiting on Samuel, per his instruction to "wait 7 days until I come to you and show you what you should do."  

The Israelites have already seen the great number of the troops of the Philistines and realize they are out-numbered and hard-pressed.  Their response is to hide themselves in caves, thickets, cliffs, cellars, and pits.  Can we feel their fear?  When we come up against obstacles, isn't the first response to gaze at the obstacle?  We analyze and plan with the obstacle, as our focus, quaking in our proverbial boots with fear.  

As any military general, Saul, while  still waiting on Samuel,  and the 7 days have passed, sees his men scattering from him and fear prompts him to take action.  I can identify with Saul, can't you?  He has probably spent days gazing at the movements of the garrisons of the Philistines preparing for battle.  At times, I am akin to Saul.   When I come against an  obstacle, I move into the flesh mode.."What can I do to fix the problem?"  A thought comes to mind from Chuck Swindoll: Glance at the problem and gaze at the Lord God. 

 I wonder would we, would I, experience break-through against obstacles if I am more willing to be obedient to Solomon's suggestion in Proverbs 3:5-6: "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding (flesh, perhaps?).  In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." ?  I think maybe, Trusting in the Lord is an excellent battering ram against any obstacle.  Trusting Him, The Almighty God,  El Shaddai who is ABLE to give me courage to assault the obstacle.  #IHAVETHREESONS    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REHEARSALS

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

ORDER AND DESIGN