WORDS

Related imageOh my! The Hebrews have probably been encamped for a long season and now they are up and moving.  "Now the people complained about their hardships in the hearing of the LORD, and when He heard them His anger was aroused."  I wonder is there someplace special we can go to complain where an ALL-KNOWING, EVER-PRESENT,ALL-SEEING AND ALL-HEARING GOD cannot hear our complaints?  God's anger was so aroused that He allowed fire to burn among and "consume some of the outskirts of the camp."  I get it, the people are weary, they desire something more than the manna to eat.  It may have been called the food of the angels, but in Hebrew, it means, "What is it?"  Reading Exodus and Numbers, it has been a long 40 years of whining, complaining, ungratefulness, and occasionally, some rejoicing. I remind you again that Moses and Aaron are hearing the complaints from among a million or so people.  

Complaining/murmuring is the Hebrew picture of mourning.  Not a healthy grieving with hope in a death, but mourning for what "used to be", not having it, and if I can't be happy, then no one else has the right to be happy. Complaints usually have an ugly attitude in expression to give it energy.  Our words have the power to bring life or to bring death to the hearer. Proverbs 18:21. We are encouraged in Colossians 3:16 "Let the word of Christ dwell in your richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your heart to God."  If I am willing to catch my complaint before it spews out the mouth, I can instead "Humble myself, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that He may lift me up in due time.  Cast all my anxiety/distraction/cares on Him because He cares for me.  Your enemy,the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour." 1 Peter 5:6-8

Please note, stuffing the complaint is not being encouraged, but rather "frisk" the complaint and check out the emotions tied to it. Does it have authentic validity?  This is the humbling of myself to God.  Have I taken my complaint to God and asked for His wisdom in how to express without negativity to the hearer?  This is the casting of my care on Him.  How we must heed the words of Peter " be self-controlled and alert"...the devil prowls and it is usually at our doors listening and seeing if we can be his next tasty meal.  Oh Lord, cause my words today to be life words!  #IHAVE THREESONS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REHEARSALS

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

ORDER AND DESIGN