PROMISE MADE; PROMISE KEPT!



Image result for GOOGLE IMAGE CLIP ART OF TREASURE BOX
TREASURE OF PROMISES

Exo. 12: 41 "At the end of the 430 years , to the very day, all the LORD'S divisions left Egypt." As I read, my mind ran back to the Covenant promise to Abraham in Genesis 15:"Then the LORD said to him (Abraham) "Know for certain that your descendants will be strangers in a country not their own, and they will be enslaved and mistreated for four hundred years."

The simple phrase from my Pastor, Scott Maze: A PROMISE MADE; A PROMISE KEPT! Before this phrase, I have held tightly and waffled in the promises that the Word of God speaks and has spoken through the pages of Scripture, depending on the length and weariness of the circumstance. Remember that some of us are "more' finite, flawed, and frail then others and that building trust and faith can and will involve a fire-walk, a testing, to have a more consistent faith-walk.

Because I am presently at a loss in my grief...no "helps" on "here is what it feels like to walk through the physical death of a son"...I am CLINGING to John 11:25-26, "Jesus said to her, (Martha at the death of her brother) "I am the resurrection and the life. HE who believes in me will live, even though he dies and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?" God has been so gracious to allow me to grieve according to my own expressions and needs...hence the writing, make more investments in others, and the desire to hold family closely, but healthily. As the pain has ebbs and flows day by day, I want to live like Joseph said in naming his son Ephraim, "It is because God has made me fruitful in the land of my suffering." Gen. 42:52b. May my sorrow and grief be fruitful and positive to HIS glory. #IHAVETHREESONS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

REHEARSALS

ORDER AND DESIGN