WHY BOUNDARIES?


 Related imageI decided that I had enough of Numbers with the priest's clothing, and some details that I think of as details for "Them" of that time period .  As I read the Word of God, I want to be sensitive to the Truth that God has for me "now" so that I can walk it out and my daily living and be nourished in my faith walk. 

I remember having three growing boys who loved the outdoors and the 8 acres that they could roam, and THEY were predators/menace to some creatures in nature.  As they ventured outside, there was ALWAYS the "Be careful", "Misuse of a pellet gun can cause the loss of eyesight", or please "Watch out for snakes (water moccasins) in the bay head. "   Moving into the city, meant more boundaries, especially as they were out in a car....with other guys...with a girl.  Need I say more?  It was best in our thoughts for them to earn trust appropriate for their ages then hand them trust, and then have to snatch it back when and if they were foolish acting like kids!  Some things we taught well about being boundaried, and some things we did poorly.  Flawed parenting was obvious!

Read God's precious parenting reminder/boundary and promise in Deuteronomy 5:33: "Walk in all the way that the Lord your God has commanded you, so that you may live and prosper and prolong your days in that land that you will possess."  There are key words that I wanted to understand better: walk/behave, way/a road, commanded/appointed, live/revive, nourish, restore, be whole,  prosper/good or do well in the broadest sense, and prolong/draw out or lengthen.  Please be assured that God is NOT saying: "I am going to give you riches and everything you ever want to make you happy and live happily ever after!"  I believe that He might  have been saying: "Behave in the way I have marked out for you in My Word and you will be a whole person, and not  be fragmented with the weight of sins which have a tendency to affect your health, physically and spiritually, causing you to miss out on what I have provided you." 
A promise has been made, but it is up to me to obediently walk it our under the tutelage of the Holy Spirit.  May I be willing to say with the Psalmist 40:8, "I delight to do thy will, O my God; your law (boundary, my addition) is within my heart." #IHAVETHREESONS



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REHEARSALS

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

ORDER AND DESIGN