HOW LONG.....?


 Image result for clip art picture of pridePharaoh is asked by Moses from God in Exodus 10..."How long will you refuse to humble yourself before me?" There is more to the question in reference to Pharaoh releasing the Hebrews from bondage, but I think that question is very pertinent to everyday living. I guess because he was a ruler, there was no concern for what his "subjects" were going to have to endure because of his stubbornness and self-focus.

Stubbornness can be linked with selfishness and straight from the heart where pride likes to reign. 1 Peter 5:6-9, I am commanded to "Humble myself, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that He may lift me up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you. Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings."

This applies to me now in my present heart-ache. Loss and grief's expression can be fearful and can cause my hand and the door to my heart to hunker down in lies being sent my way because of the taunts of the evil one and the "comfort" of returning to the default mindset that is ingrained because of faulty thinking. Faulty thinking and practice only causes my anxieties to multiply. So, here I am today, I cast my cares which are already multitudinous and I am willing to rest in the real truth that HE loves me and He will give me the strength "to stand firm in the faith" and to resist the taunts of the evil one. Obviously, I "ain't" the only one experiencing the pain of loss! I'm in the humbling process....no shortcuts either! #IHAVETHREESONS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

REHEARSALS

ORDER AND DESIGN