WHAT IS YOUR ASSIGNMENT?

Image result for cARRYING BURDENS ON THE BACK CLIP ARTThe book of Numbers opens with the census taken by Moses of each Tribe, and then one begins to see the encampment of each Tribe around the Tabernacle. Too bad for you if you did not like the location of your tent!  Now Moses begins to assign the burdens of the Tabernacle to be carried by cart, on their animals, or on their backs.  

As I thought of their assignments, I again said, "Thank You, Lord that You chose for me to live at this time."  You can bet that no one had a weight problem in those days with the transporting of the items and most of the people walking.  I have read of a lot of complaining throughout their trip, but I did not read of any Tribe that whined about the burden they were assigned. 

Let's face it, some burdens, we carry with joy and also tiredness: children/family, marriage, mates, and the home.  These are primary assignments to which I think that Matthew 11:30 speaks "For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." He is gracious to give us the ability to carry what HE has assigned.  Even these assignments can become negative burdens when disobedience to the Word of GOD is involved.  Yet, far too often, we move into the burden that the language of Hebrew pictures of lading a ship with freight, heaviness, trouble, or even "cares" which 1 Peter 5 calls distractions.  SOMETIMES, WE TAKE ON WHAT HAS NOT BEEN ASSIGNED TO US FROM THE LORD!  It may be time for us to look at the burden we carry: 1. Make a list and check out the kind of burden being carried. 2.  Who assigned it?  (Is it about my ego, I must show or prove or being codependent in my thinking, I MUST fix what is broken? or I know a better way?) 3. Is this pleasing and honoring to the LORD?  My attitude usually gives it identity...too often it all about me!  Rats! 4. What do I need to do in order to make change in the freight that I am carrying? 5. Am I willing to Trust God and allow that change to take place? Fourth graders are precious, but like their models, they love to tend to one another's business as they are-off task.  My common reply to the tattle: 'MYOB!"  I just bet that the LORD has to often remind you and me, "Mind what I HAVE assigned you and carry NO MORE!"  He has promised to equip us for the assignments that HE gives us.  "Being confident of this, that HE who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6. A PROMISE MADE; A PROMISE KEPT. What is your assignment?  #IHAVETHREESONS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

REHEARSALS

ORDER AND DESIGN