JUST MULLIN'

Tomorrow, the 22nd, will be one month since David went home to be with the Lord.  I am so grateful to have had 48 years to have loved him.  Very grateful that I saw the ravages of graft versus host disease for the last three years or I would have hung on to him even harder before releasing him. Dang it, I miss him today!

I am grateful for all who loved and honored him with the celebration service.  I wonder? Just mullin'.  I saw David as very private about his emotions.  I saw him as being very practical, black and white in his thinking, and very servant-hearted toward others.  As a little guy, he was constantly under my feet, and I knew then that God had given him a heart to serve others, but I was not wise enough to know how and when.  He was also a cool-head in a crisis.  I recall the time that his younger brother and he had been throwing ice water on one another in the shower, it was Drew's turn to retaliate.  He did as David was in the shower, and David whirled around and his knee went into the ceramic tile shower wall cutting his leg to the bone.  Yes, I was sucking air, but he confidently told me what to do and then I called for his Dad who was introducing the speaker at our church revival services.  Numerous stitches later, he moved on!  

I did not sense he was impressed with himself.  His often reply to his job well done or any applauds was, "I was just doing my job."  I wished I had known him as well as the men who lived with him 24 hours a day. Or maybe not, LOL.  I know that I have a very incomplete knowledge of him, but I also think he just kinda figured, "Look folk, this is all there is to me, no more or no less.  I am just me."  In death, I will not move into David being perfect....just perfectly, flawed, finite, and IMPERFECT who made a decision at 6 years of age to receive Jesus.  That was his story and he stuck to it. Thank You Lord for the imperfects like me who desperately need a Savior and Lord.  #IHAVETHREESONS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

REHEARSALS

ORDER AND DESIGN