ANOTHER PROMISE MADE; A PROMISE KEPT


Related image
Notice the treasure chest is only partially opened.  If I want to experience all that is inside the box, I must be willing to open it, and then I can physically handle the treasure.  God's Word is a treasure trove of promises, but I must choose to read, ingest, digest, and take the truths to heart and align my life to what has been promised.  Titus 1:1-2 "Paul, a servant of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ for the faith of God's elect and the knowledge of the truth that leads to godliness-a faith and knowledge resting on the hope of eternal life, which God, who does not lie, promised before the beginning of time...."  Because HE does not lie, cannot lie, and will not lie, a promise made is a promise kept. 

 I fully understand my son, as in any loss of a loved one, they are not physically here.  That has no bearing on what is going on through the death process. "When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: "Death has been swallowed up in victory."  Where, O death, is your victory?  Where,O death, is your sting? The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law.  BUT THANKS BE TO GOD! HE GIVES US THE VICTORY THROUGH OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST." 1 Corinthians 15:53-57    I am in victory even in my pain and loss.

John 11:25-26 silences the pains of the heart with this promise which Jesus spoke to Martha at the death of her brother, Lazarus, "Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life.  He who believes in me will live, even though he dies, and whoever lives and believes in me will never die.  Do you believe this?  David, though dead here, is very much alive there in the heavens and will not ever die again.  I again can get excited even with the pain and the loss, no more pain for David and the grief over watching him battle to physically live.  WHAT a promise and What a God who is a PROMISE KEEPER.  #IHAVETHREESONS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REHEARSALS

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

ORDER AND DESIGN