UP FROM THE GRAVE





 As I stare at the screen this 5:17 am, the words of a very old hymn cross my mind and heart, "UP from the grave HE arose with a mighty triumph ore HIS foes. He arose a victim ore the dark domain, but HE lives forever with HIS saints to reign, HE arose, HE arose, Hallelujah, Christ Arose. Death could not keep its prey...."  This my friend is an exciting FACT for me.

A reminder again A PROMISE MADE, A PROMISE KEPT. I get it! With heaven's gain of my Daddy, first husband, Phillip, and now first son, David, the resurrection of the LORD JESUS, HIS grace, and their choice to receive Jesus as Savior and Lord, regardless of how flawed in expression, they too are alive with Christ. Eternal life began the moment, they said, "Yes" to Christ and they are living out the rest of their eternity in the heavens.

 I confess, it is with sorrow that I will not hear some of David's words, remembering that with him as with me, imperfect, flawed, finite, and fragile, but there are two phrases I will cherish: "IT WHAT IT IS" and the occasional, "I LOVE YOU". When he said, "I love you" I knew he was not just talking and saying words. Some of his phrases are best forgotten. So folk, IT IS WHAT IT IS, and by the grace of my faithful LORD, HE will give me the courage to walk out this daily "two steps forward and three steps backward" as I miss his physical presence and rely on an enduring and dynamic STRENGTH which is from HIM alone. THIS will be an ongoing challenge for now.  IT IS WHAT IT IS...BUT GOD! #IHAVETHREESONS









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REHEARSALS

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

ORDER AND DESIGN