STANDING ON HIS PROMISES

Image result for clip art showing standing on the promises of god  As I blog this morning, "Standing on the Promises" is playing in the background. I come to another promise in my reading found in Deuteronomy 7:9: "Know therefore that the Lord your God is God; He is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love a thousand generations of those who love Him and keep His commands." Moses knows that he will be leaving the people and that he will not enter the Promised Land.  As a good parent and leader, he is restating all that God has spoken to him so that the people will know how to walk in obedience in the new land that they are entering.

Those years of parenting and being in the classroom bring to mind that most of the time is spent in reminding, remembering, reteaching, and constant modeling.  Each new instruction is usually built upon the foundation of an already learned process. 

As a Christ follower, I get to be willing to allow Truth from God's Word and what I believe about God to be the foundation in my life,and with this firm foundation, I can add other Truths. The Holy Spirit is faithful to teach me, to remind me, to convict me, and to encourage me in the faith. Father God will also allow circumstances in my life "to humble me and to test me in order to know what is in my heart". Deuteronomy 8:2b Not that He doesn't know, but the testing is that I might know and recognize where my mind and heart have deviated from the firm foundation of Truth. I have several "cares" which are pressing at the present, I have choices whether to stand on a promise He has spoken or I can move to force something done with confidence in MY energy and flesh. SCARY!  One choice brings patience waiting on Him, obedience and blessing and the other choice brings correction, confession, repentance, and relearning. Do I delight to please Him or please myself?  In light of His faithful love and that HE is greater than any circumstances which press, I continue to wait.  Forever in learning process. #IHAVETHREESONS

 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

REHEARSALS

ORDER AND DESIGN