THE STAFF OF OUR LORD

 
Image result for GOOGLE IMAGE OF A STAFF OF A SHEPHERD
 In my readings today, Exo. 6-9, Moses will use the purposeful and useful staff over and over again. Recall that Moses had shepherded sheep before he returned to Egypt to lead the Hebrews out of bondage. We will find him using the rod and the staff over again to be used of God.
 
As I considered the staff, my mind ran to Ps. 23: "I will fear no evil, for YOU are with me; Your rod and staff, they comfort me." The staff to hold me close and lift me in hurts or in danger; the staff to discipline me when I am bent on going my own wandering way, and the staff to remind me that HE is Jehovah Shammah (GOD IS THERE) and Jehovah Roeh (GOD MY SHEPHERD) my Protector, my Provider, and my Sufficiency....ALL IN HIM.
 
 Moses has told Pharaoh that he will pray for him and his officials and the plague of the frogs would be removed. Moses replied, "It will be as you say, so that you may know there is no one like the LORD our GOD." Will we allow this PEERLESS GOD to be the Sufficiency of the good, bad, and even crushing circumstances of our lives? Truly there is no one like the LORD our God, loving and compassionate ABBA. Sufficient for my today. #IHAVETHREESONS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

REHEARSALS

ORDER AND DESIGN