WHAT'CHA PACKIN'?

Related imageWhat'cha packin? has become a question today in regards to "carrying heat"/licensed to carry/guns.  As I was thinking today about a packed suitcase being crammed with all that I think I may ever need, my luggage morphed into a metaphor for my life. 
Because I have experienced a major loss this last month, thousands of questions have come to the heart and mind about life with the focus that life is short and death is inevitable, more than likely. 

Even though ole Sol did not finish well considering all that God has lavished on him, he has done some solid writing in the Proverbs and with a clear heart and mind.  He suggests numerous items for needful navigating this life from Proverbs 4:  "I guide you in the way of wisdom and lead you along straight paths." "Hold on to instruction, do not let it go."  "Pay attention to what I say; listen closely to my words." "Guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life."  "Get wisdom, get understanding, do not forget my words or swerve from them."  Our luggage should be stuffed with these items if we are going to be successful in this life.  The apostle Paul suggests some clothing that we need to have in our luggage also: compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, patience, forgiveness, love, and unity in Colossians 3.  The idea of this clothing is meant to be permanently put on! However, Paul also suggests some items that should no longer be in our luggage: "Get rid of": bitterness, rage, anger, brawling, slander, malice, sexual immorality, greed, coarse joking. and no impurities. Ephesians 4-5.  

Can you imagine how better organized, orderly, and well prepared we would be for daily living if we were to get rid of the stinky and smelly items that we insist be packed/stuffed in our luggage?  Most of us in packing our luggage will even have a separate place to put unclean items.  Loved ones, we have a separate place to put all unclean items:  AT THE FOOT OF THE CROSS!  Jesus died for every one of my sins and because of His Sacrificial Action, I NO longer have to give any allegiance to the penalty, power, or presence of sin and death.  Colossians 2:15 reminds me and I love it: "And having disarmed the powers and authorities, HE made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross."  The evil one has been disarmed at CALVARY...if he's packin, it is because you and I have  may have given him the gun and the bullets to aim at us and  have told him just where to aim the bullets for our most vulnerable spot.  It is up to you and me to get rid of, to take off, and to put on what does or does not go into this luggage called my life.  Lord God, cause us to hunger and thirst for Your righteous and to be "packed" and carrying the heat of Your Word to protect and to strengthen our mind and hearts. #IHAVETHREESONS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REHEARSALS

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

ORDER AND DESIGN