CREATIVITY

  My standard reply to creativity is that my youngest creative project is now 45 years old.  Come to think of it, the only part I had in his creation is a safe place to allow him to grow and some DNA...which I can identify mostly from his father!  I always marvel at other's creative abilities.  I marvel today as I read Exodus 36 and 37.  

God has assigned two men Bezalel and Oholiab who are highly skilled in wood-working, designs for gold, silver, and bronze, and using precious stones in their crafts.  I have always glibly read of the furnishings of the Tabernacle, the making of the curtains, and creating the priestly garments.  As I read today, I wondered if most of their skills were not put to use as slaves in serving the Pharaoh?  I marvel this time at their ability.

Even though the Israelites have a tendency to be pain-in-the-neck with their stubborn almost recalcitrant  spirits, I love reading a positive about them.  They had been asked to contribute offerings for the building of the Tabernacle, furnishings, curtains, etc.  Now we, find Moses giving the order to stop making and bringing offerings, "And the people were restrained from bringing more because what they already had was more than enough to do all the work."  This statement gives them an upgrade in my opinion.  Remember they have been enslaved for some 430 years and have not been fully Jehovah worshipers.  I wonder why they would be willing to give to have a place of worship since they may have had little knowledge of consistent worship.  It is certainly amazing to see what they did possess to contribute and I marvel at their generousity.

The take-away:  Am I holding on to anything that the Lord could use for His purpose and plan especially in light of the truth, "And God is able to make ALL grace abound to you, Cheryl, so that in ALL things, at ALL times, having ALL you need, Cheryl, you will abound in every good work..." 2 Corinthians 9:8  A promise kept.  A promise to obey.  Forever learning.  In process.  #IHAVETHREESONS. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

ORDER AND DESIGN

REHEARSALS