WHAT FOOD DO YOU HAVE A CRAVING?

I have several favorite foods...ok, so I have to admit the truth, sugar is NOT a food!  However, I really have to guard the sugar intake...from the lips to the hips and then as I age, the concerns for diabetes and more weight.  Among my food choices which I really enjoy are those which do not pack on pounds.

However, there is a wonderful and excellent food which I crave for my daily intake:  the WORD of GOD.  It does NOT add pounds, but rather is sufficient for every circumstance of daily living...which can tedious, joyful, or maybe horrendous,like having a root canal!
The psalmist stated it so well, "How sweet are YOUR words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!" Ps. 119:103  There are times when I feel like there are bullets whizzing at or around me from the evil one and that is when I "hunker down" in the WORD.  I want to stay alert and recognize who the real enemy is.  I am grateful that ABBA FATHER is using HIS WORD to fill me, sustain me, teach me, and guide me into TRUTH.  How I need that SUPERVISION of HIS SPIRIT or else I get caught up in distractions which rob my focus.  

Truly LORD GOD, "I rise before dawn and cry for help; I have put my hope in YOUR WORD." Ps. 119:147  Cause me to crave and devour only that "food" which truly sustains and strengthens my spirit in YOU.  Thank YOU that only YOUR WORD satisfies this hungry soul.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

REHEARSALS

ORDER AND DESIGN