DRAGGING THOSE HEAVY CHAINS?

CHRIST'S sacrifice on the cross has secured one of the greatest blessings for this Christ follower:  I no longer have to be enslaved to sin. Sin has lost it power over me; I am no longer under the penalty of sin; Finally, death has been conquered.  

This glorious transaction is a once and for all action, FINISHED, never to be repeated.  However, I can choose to ignore sin that trips and ensnares me, and it won't be long until I have a metastic and malignant stronghold/cancer ready to invade and join up with other malignant sins.  Along with the stronghold or strongholds come the chains.  Because of self-deception, I can choose to just drag the cumbersome and noisy chains.  Interestingly enough, the chains are very visible to everyone else but I am foolish enough to think that "only I know, hear them, and feel their weight." 

Harshly speaking, I am a fool if I ever get comfortable dragging chains and being enslaved again!  Romans 6:16 "Don't you know than when you offer yourselves to someone to obey him as slaves, you are slaves to the one whom you obey--whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness?"  By the empowering SPIRIT who indwells me, I choose to be free and to break every chain!  LISTEN, I hear the chains falling!  Free indeed in and for CHRIST JESUS.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

REHEARSALS

ORDER AND DESIGN