MULLING AGAIN

Please pardon all the mulling that I am doing.  My heart has been considering family matters where there is hurt and confusion, healings of damaged emotions, financial concerns, how to have my heart and my mind set in the Heavens and focus on the eternal, and thoughts I will be sharing for a Bible class in a few weeks.  I have found real consolation in 1 Corinthians 2:16"For who has known the mind of the LORD that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ." those very words send such comfort to my heart who gets weary at times from the distractions of NOW, the seen around me.  Mind is the seat of consciousness, the faculty of judgment and perception. 

 The passage from Corinthians is a restatement from Isaiah 40:13-14, "Who has understood the mind of the LORD, or instructed HIM as His counselor?  Who did the LORD consult to enlighten HIM, and who taught HIM the right way? Who was it that taught HIM knowledge or showed HIM the path of understanding?"

 Immediately my question:  How can I have the mind of Christ?  "You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you.  And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ."  I received Christ as my LORD and SAVIOR and HE has given me HIS SPIRIT.   Though reading His Word, the SPIRIT of God reveals what His purpose and will is for my life.  The HOLY SPIRIT gives discernment so that I will know HIS thoughts and how to behave, how to think, and what attitudes honor HIM.  How I want to learn to think as HE thinks, feel as HE feels, and act righteously as HE acts.  I want HIS viewpoint/perception.  I see the mind of Christ in practical action in Philippians 2:6-10.  Christ looked to the interests of others.  He was willing to serve.  He was willing to leave all the glories and beauties of Heaven for my sake...yours, and was willing to die in my/your place on the cross.  Because HE was willing to humble HIMSELF in obedience to GOD'S will and be my/your sacrifice, GOD will exalt HIM and give HIM a name ABOVE every name.  Every knee will bow and every tongue will confess, JESUS CHRIST IS LORD.  I choose now to confess JESUS is MY LORD and SAVIOR.  I receive the mind of Christ as one of the spiritual blessings that HIS sacrifice provided for each of us who claim HIS name.  Glory to HIS name alone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

REHEARSALS

ORDER AND DESIGN