CHOOSE YOU THIS DAY WHOM YOU WILL SERVE

The message of Joshua is still pertinent almost 3,500 years later: ""But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods of your forefathers served beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living.  But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15

Of course, our problem is not the gods of the Amorites, but the gods/idols of our selves and our forefathers whom we observed that they worshiped. 
For us as Christ followers, we have so become synergistic (mixture of what I think or feel and the TRUTH of Scripture) about our life in the LORD JESUS.  I am thinking that we have so tolerated our own sin for so long by calling it more acceptable name. Could we be self-deceived? It has now become a personality weakness, or some psychological identification which gives approval for its expression since this is what we are or controlled by....like a disease which has no cure.  What a lie!  Why don't we take an honest look at ourselves and identify our sin which is affecting our relationship with the HOLY SPIRIT and relationships with others?  Why do we choose to be comfortable with the way we are rather than being comfortable with the TRUTH of whom Scripture says we are in CHRIST JESUS?  I hate living a defeated life when I can experience healing and wholeness in CHRIST JESUS.  Yes, I know the healing process is LONG and requires discipline, but the benefits of exchanging TRUTH of what Scripture says about me and what the evil one and self tells me about me is so liberating and encouraging.   I recognize that there are physiological concerns that require more than Scripture.  Am I willing to even apply the TRUTHS of Scripture to improve and impact that concern so that I can experience a healthier and less destructive mindset?  Will  I choose to serve my idol of self-defeat and lies or will I choose to serve the LORD GOD who is able to be JEHOVAH RAPHA ...the GOD WHO HEALS? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

REHEARSALS

ORDER AND DESIGN