ME? STRONGHOLDS?

Do you wonder?  Do I have a stronghold?  My reply?  Do you have wrong beliefs, wrong patterns of thinking, or preconceived ideas that have become your truth?  How about unhealed hurts?  Unmet needs?  Competing? Comparing? Controlling?  Failed expectations from others?  If your answer is yes, as was mine, then it is imperative to decide if I want to be a healthy Christ follower or a victim/victimizer in myself and others?  Am I content to live out my days, angry, blaming, and accusing others for what "they" did to me?  If I get angry enough, I will not only build a stronghold of being a victim to becoming a victimizer of others making them responsible to keep me happy, secure, and constantly propping me up so I won't feel insecure or inferior.  

When I recognize that I have a stronghold, 2 Corinthians 10:5 commands me to "pull down" "demolish" every belief, every argument, every excuse, every lie which I HAVE MADE MY TRUTH, every thought that has raised up against/higher than the TRUTH of GOD.  Not only am I to intentionally take action against the stronghold, but I am to capture it and place it under the obedience of Christ.  Of course, this is a process and the goal I desire of a healthy mindset, and it can only come about as I am willing to address daily, hourly, whatever it takes, to tear the stronghold down.  How long have I practiced it?  I long to be healthy in my mind and heart.  I will begin to practice forgiveness whether "they" request it or not.  I will begin to practice the TRUTHS of who I am in Christ.  I will hunker down in the Word of GOD to bring about my healing.  God's Word says I can have the mind of Christ, Philippians 2:5.  I can experience healing in my mind by the work of the Indwelling Spirit in me.  I hear the chains falling!  Love the sound! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

REHEARSALS

ORDER AND DESIGN