TRUSTING IN DATA?

OPPS!  I am mulling again. I wonder, what role does data "play" in our lives as Christ followers?

  Having been an educator, data played a priority role in ascertaining how well or how poorly a student would perform on a mandated state test.  Data is used to determine the outcome of educational success of some students.  I listen and watch the news, and I am constantly hearing data being reported concerning polls, which may or may not determine who wins an election. Data, BIG or little controls too much of our decision making process and the outcome.

Presently, I am praying for several who are experiencing cancer.  They each have been given data as to the prognosis.  Cancer is scary enough, but then the alarming statistics of data is given, which is usually negative, and the cancer patient and his or her spouse or parent walk away defeated and with little hope.  

Is there a possibility that data can be skewed or manipulated? I also understand that data can be used for good and positive purposes.  I wonder as a Christ follower, what is the higher priority?  Is it my faith in Jehovah Rapha and His grace to walk me through this painful time giving me grace to endure or do I put my trust in data, which is a bunch of numbers and offer at times, little or no hope?   Psalm 137:8"The LORD will fulfill HIS purpose for me; YOUR love, o LORD, endures forever-do not abandon the works of your hands."  I will trust the LORD GOD to give wisdom and discernment concerning any data that is a consideration for decisions to be made.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

REHEARSALS

ORDER AND DESIGN