DEMOLISH ING ARGUMENTS AND EVERY PRETENSION

 I have been mulling the last few days on the words arguments and pretensions which the NIV uses in 2 Corinthians 10:5.  I have wanted to check out other translations:  ESV: arguments and lofty opinions, The Voice: arguments and ideas, and every high and mighty philosophy, The Message: warped philosophies, NKJ: arguments and every high thing that exalts, NLT: every proud argument, KJV: imaginations, and every high thing.  Oh my goodness!  I get it LORD.  Each noun in these verses suggest the "idea of mental planning intended to result in some not well-intentioned deed."Alan Richardson.  Is it no wonder that we must take aggressive and intentional action against these "thoughts" for they become our stronghold and our course of action which is attached to a sinful thought?

I am amazed that we are not alert to the hammering noises that are going on for the building of the stronghold in our hearts and minds.  As a parent, we would not turn a deaf ear to the cries of an injured child.  I wonder what causes us to hit the snooze button when our sins are swelling with malicious and malignant intentions.  Why aren't we alert as the building begins with the foundation rather than waiting until it is a full-blown edifice unto my pride? 

I am the first to confess that attempting to take every thought captive to the LORD JESUS is overwhelming, but waiting until it is in full-blown malignancy is hellish and painful.  I need to consider the length of time in the process of tearing down the stronghold, the healing, and the restoration/renewing of my mind and heart.  The ole evil one moves into stalk position looking for his prey.  REMEMBER: Colossians 2:15, "And having disarmed the powers and authorities, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross."  He is disarmed until I choose to give him the weapon and the bullets!  I must choose wisely.    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

REHEARSALS

ORDER AND DESIGN