NOW WHAT?

Image result for clip art showing New YearI don't know how you begin planning your New Year spiritually,  so this my plan of action:  I choose to  begin to prepare for the New Year with a new journal, new prayer journal, decide on the plan I am going to use to read the Bible through, and almost every year, I settle on a Scripture thought that I want to allow the Spirit of God  to work through me.  For this New Year, I guess mainly influenced by the home-going of my eldest son, I am much more cognizant of  the brevity of life even though I have privileged to be alive for 74 years.  I have been influenced by my Bible study teacher to personalize Scripture.  This is my take on 2 Corinthians 5:6-10, I am always confident and I know as long as I am at home in the body that I am away from the Lord.  I live by faith, and not by sight.  I am confident and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord.  I make it my goal to please Him whether at home or away from it.  I will appear before the judgment seat of  Christ that I may receive what is due me for that which I have done in the body, whether good or bad.  I will try to memorize it for my focus this year.  

Presently, I lay it all before the Lord, and ask, "Lord, now what?"  I am learning to make myself available to His purpose and plan.  Am I willing to release what I delight in doing...the blog? Any ministry that I am involved and love?  My early morning time with the Lord, any changes, Lord?  Relationships?  How can I show  greater love and prayer concerns for husband,  mother, sons and wives, "a son and a daughter by another mother", extended family, and grands? What else do I need to release to You, Lord that pleases and honors You?   Oh yeal, I release two of my loves: prayer and discipleship...can You use me in these areas in the body of Christ?  Because I am so practical, black, and white in my thinking, all I know to do is to simply say, "Now what, Lord?"  I am available to You...knowing You will give me the grace and the ability to walk out and walk in what You purpose.  My thoughts, certainly not profound, but here is  my plan of action...You, Lord God, may interrupt or change any or all of it.  Forever learning.  In process.  #IHAVETHREESONS.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

REHEARSALS

ORDER AND DESIGN