FINISHING WELL

Image result for CLIPART SHOWING A CASKETPaul writes his own obit in 2 Timothy, "For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time has come for my departure.  I have fought the good fight;  I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.  Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge will award me on that day-and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for His appearing."

Paul in Acts 28 has arrived in Rome, and Luke records that he is allowed to live by himself  in a rented home, welcoming all who come to see him. He is under a guard and for the next two years, Luke records  of Paul,  "Boldly and without hindrance he preached the kingdom of God and taught about the Lord Jesus Christ."  He also wrote Ephesians, Colossians, Philippians, and Philemon from Rome.

The Emperor, Nero, has come to the throne of Rome, and the great persecution of Christians begins around 62-64 AD which is about the same years Peter wrote 1 and 2 Peter.  Peter was the first to be persecuted and crucified, and by 67 AD, Paul was beheaded for his faith by Nero.  

After rereading 1 and 2 Corinthians and the book of Acts, I come away more amazed then my many previous reads of Paul's determination and his willingness to fight the good fight of the faith.  He finished well to the glory of the Lord Jesus.  MAY WE HAVE THE SAME DETERMINATION AND INTENTION .  More than conquerors!  Forever learning.  In process so I can finish well.  #IHAVETHREESONS

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

REHEARSALS

ORDER AND DESIGN