LAST WORDS

Image result for CLIP ART SHOWING  PAUL, THE APOSTLEI have never been privy to a man or woman last words murmured at death, yet surely we all have some concluding thoughts in finishing this phase of our lives.  I reread 2 Timothy written by Paul who is now in a Roman prison about the year 66 or 67 AD possibly a couple of years before the Emperor, Nero, has him beheaded.  Paul has been a faithful mentor to Timothy who is pastoring the church at Ephesus.  This last letter is written to encourage Timothy to stand strong in the faith that he has been "entrusted" and to give him warnings of the false teachings that may try to infiltrate the body of Christ at Ephesus.

Several rich concluding thoughts from Paul:

1.  God gives you the spirit of power, love, and self-discipline, NOT fear.
2. I am not ashamed of this gospel, I KNOW in WHOM I have believed and He is able to guard what I have entrusted Him.
3. God's solid foundation stands firm for God knows those who are His.
4.  "Keep your head in all situations, endure hardship..."
5. Preach the Word, be prepared in season and out of season: correct....with patience and instruction.
6.  All Scripture is God breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteous.
7.   Only Luke is with him in prison, BUT "God stood at my side and gave me strength" to fulfill his assignment to the Gentiles that they might be saved.
8.  "The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and will bring me safely to His heavenly kingdom.  To Him be glory for ever and ever. Amen."  

Last words from a stalwart man of God, a missionary, teacher, and mentor who was faithful to the message of the gospel to which he had been entrusted by the Holy Spirit. What a privilege to mull over his last words.  Oh dear Lord, when my time comes, may I be found faithful and finish well to Your glory.  Forever learning.  In process.  #IHAVETHREESONS.  

  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

REHEARSALS

ORDER AND DESIGN