SPENDING LIFE

Image result for CLIP ART SHOWING SPENDINGI confess, SOMETIMES, as I spend time in the Word of God, I become convicted and very uncomfortable in my heart and mind.  Presently, I am reading 1 Peter.  It is written by the apostle Peter during his latter years in Rome, 64-65 AD, probably right before his persecution and crucifixion by Nero.  Christians in Jerusalem were undergoing great persecution and many had scattered throughout the then Roman controlled world. I am not sure why Peter is in Rome considering the persecutions, but he is thought to be present there.

There are several passages which challenge my mindset as I read, but today, at this minute,  1 Peter 4:2, which I personalize:  I should not spend my life (bios) in the flesh:  my wants, my needs, my desires, my plans, my comfort, my happiness, my, my, my but rather I must spend my life in the time (chronos, years) I am alive ...spend it to the will of God."  

Upon responding to the invitation of allowing Christ to come into my life and empower my life for His glory, I begin an eternal life.  In this time on earth, I can "spend my life" to please myself or I can "spend my life" pleasing Him.  I connect some dots. What is my attitude about spending money?  Is there a connection to how I "spend my life"?  Am I willing to yield to the control of the Holy Spirit and allow Him to "spend my life" for His purposes or am I going to grumble, gripe, and complain hindering His purpose?  Rats!  AND miss out on His blessings that have been purposed and planned for me?  Enough thought and written for now.  Forever learning.  In process.  #IHAVETHREESONS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

REHEARSALS

ORDER AND DESIGN