OUT OF ORDER

Image result for clip art showing orderTitus is the next book in the Bible written chronologically about 64 AD.  Paul has written the book to the pastor, Titus, who is overseer of the churches on the island of Crete.  Titus is another "younger man in the Lord" that Paul is encouraging and desirous that the doctrine of the apostles and the early church is uniformly "sound",taught, and practiced. He states that the reason he has left Titus at Crete is that "you might straighten/ set in order what was left unfinished..." Paul makes suggestions of orderly living in the behaviors of church leadership, of the older and younger men, the older and younger women,and all being "subject" to rulers and authorities so that their testimonies are a praise of God's workings and not a blemish on the body of Christ.  

My continuum of order: from absolute chaos--- good enough---ok----OCD.  Order from the Greek suggests straight, standing erect,or to arrange setting in order. Performance, perfectionism, and fanaticism are not order. Order seems to suggest a self-control or self-monitoring of my behaviors based not on my emotions, but aligned with the Word of God. If you were to open my drawers or closets...good enough.  Walk about in my home:  bed made-up, things picked up, and kitchen fairly clean...that is my good enough order for me.  I have figured out that any "spotless" and "shining" mentality for which I could strive is more about my pride...for whom am I performing?  At this age, I have figured out what really is important to me and my energy levels, and it is less about appearances and approvals, but more about my character and behavior. At my celebration service, NO ONE will get to eulogize me for being clean, spotless, or my physical appearance! I had "druther" if any well-speaking be about a life that has been "careful to devote herself" to honoring the Lord and living an orderly life pleasing to the Lord. I do not want a posting on my life: OUT OF ORDER.  Holy Spirit, You are the empowering One, so I will yield to You today for my character and my behaviors. Forever learning.  In process.  #IHAVETHREESONS.
   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

REHEARSALS

ORDER AND DESIGN