DEMOLITION DERBY

Related image  Watching Chip and Joanna Gaines has been a fun vicarious experience on HGTV because I can visually enjoy some demolish and rebuilding work in a 60 year old home where I have been some 30+ years. Chip loves demolition days...I would too if I actually had a real person responsible for doing the demolition and reconstruction.  

As of late, getting older, seeing diminishing health among friends and an aged parent, and the passing of an adult child, I have begun to notice some "stones" being gathered in my mind.  I have experienced the "stones" before which represent different circumstances in my life.   The mind begins to hasty gather the stones and construct a stronghold, a "safe" place of arguments, opinions, pretensions, perceptions, debates, rationale, false beliefs, judgmental or critical thoughts to validate the building of the stronghold. Basically, here is "what I have experienced or am experiencing and I have a right to protect my self" thought. My demolition is a recurring activity because I am flesh and blood!

This morning as I read again a very familiar passage in 2 Corinthians 10:3-5, "For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does.  The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world.  On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds.  We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.  And we will be ready to punish every act of disobedience once your obedience is complete."  I decide that this morning is the time to demolish this stronghold, AGAIN.  

ACTION PLAN FOR THIS AM
1.  Identify my fears.  Of what am I afraid?  I have written them down.
2.  My divinely powerful weapons?   Ephesians 6, the Armor of God.  I best go there and address verbally.
3.  Paul understood the "taking captive" of something for being a Roman citizen and the Romans being mighty warriors, he had observed captives as the booty of warfare being led in chains, tortured, executed or becoming slaves with no rights and at the complete mercy of their masters.  Roman generals were known for their violent aggressive frontal attacks.  I cannot be blase' or passive this morning to take captive my thoughts. 
4.  Romans 12: 1-2, I verbally speak, "Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy , to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God-this is your spiritual act of worship.  Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.  Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is-His good, pleasing, and perfect will." 
5.  I renew my mind with these truths:  "Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things."  Philippians 4:8  And the promise of renewal:  "And the God of peace will be with you." Philippians 4:9c
5. I confess my thanksgiving and my gratefulness that I can of His ability to profess that I am willing to humble myself, cast my cares on Him, and stand firmly resisting the taunts of the evil one.  Thank You, Holy Spirit for this divine weapon of prayer and confession.  I receive Your Truth and choose to act upon it.  
Forever learning.  In process, always.  #IHAVETHREESONS   


 


  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

REHEARSALS

ORDER AND DESIGN