NEED A BLESSING?

Image result for CLIPART SHOWING ALPHA AND OMEGA   It has been my purpose to write impressions, thoughts, or observations from my reading through the Bible this year.  I recognize the thoughts are not scholarly, yet my impressions have been meant to be a focus, a process in my walk as a Christ follower.  The blog has been my platform and my catharsis as I have worked through the first year of David's  earthly absence. (January 22 is the date of his heavenly presence from illness, almost blindness, and inactivity here...why not yearn for release to heaven for health and wholeness?) 

I gladly enter the book of Revelation for my reading for the rest of December.  I read it for the purpose of finishing my "read through the Bible" plus I read it for the promise of the blessing: "Blessed is the one who reads the words of this prophecy and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near."  Revelation 1:3.  The promise of blessing is for reading and hearing the book NOT for understanding the book!  Revelation is the Greek word, unveiling.  The Unveiling is a book of signs which point to the Lord Jesus, who declares of Himself, "I am the Alpha and the Omega, says the Lord God, who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty." The reference is to Elohim, the name of God in the Old Testament which stressed HIS ETERNALITY.  (David Guzik, a commentator that I use, reports that Revelation "contains some 500 allusions to the Old Testament  and 278 of the 404 verses of Revelation make reference from the Old Testament."  How we need to be literate in the Word of God!) Our Lord Jesus will return to this ole planet and will restore back that which the Lord God allowed the evil one to usurp.  His return, John does not tell us when, but from the writings, we understand it will be sudden.  As we observe the events of 2017, we wonder if it is not even sooner than we had thought.

Would you read Revelation with me?  I mean who does not need a blessing?  You can choose an "easier" read from the The  Message.  Just read for the encouragement,  and the TRUTH that God will again prevail over ALL the evil: disease, sickness, sorrow, pain, death, abuses, persecution, and etc.  that can be mustered by the evil one who is foolish enough to try once again to usurp the ALMIGHTY!  The evil one knows he is defeated, and he is as angry as hell itself, so he continues to attempt to draw hearts of Christ followers to think defeat, victimization, and personal pain/loss, to  keep minds so focused on misery.  He wants us to be miserable in hopelessness and depression.  He knows he cannot possess us, but he will continue his method of hindering us from being useful and emotionally healthy in the plan and purposes of Mighty God.  To those who are not Christ followers, he desires that you enter hell with him so as not to be alone!  Gracious God invites us to receive Jesus as our Savior and Lord...a choice must be made!

There are 22 chapters in the book and the goal is to finish December 31.  Just read and be encouraged.  His last words to John, "YES, I AM COMING SOON."  Be alert, be encouraged, be literate of the events, and be ready!  Forever learning so I can be literate.  In process.  #IHAVETHREESONS.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

REHEARSALS

ORDER AND DESIGN