SOMETIMES SILENCE

Image result for CLIP ART OF SHOWING SILENCEThere are times that silence is valued and preferred. I treasure those times.  However, when I am in a trouble, crisis, or pain mode, that is NOT when I  want silence from my only Source of Strength, Father God.  I want answers!   I have experienced that silence, whether actual or perceived, and I have found it fearful.  I move into wondering....questions galore!  Answers have not always come, but spiritual growth has. 

In chapter 23 of Job, Job wonders God,  where are you in my crisis?  Why are you hiding?  Why aren't you saying something about what you are doing to me?  With the ongoing accusations against Job by his friends, he wants to bring his case before the highest court of appeal, El Elyon, the Most High, Sovereign Ruler, the Final Word.  Job professes that his complaint is bitter and that God's hand on him is heavy even though Job is groaning in his pain.  

This reading for this year is very relevant to what has gone on in my life from January 22, 2017 with the felt loss of an adult son.  Although God has not been silent, neither have friends who have graciously invested in me, and HIS WORD which has been my strength.  Bless dear Job, he was not privileged to have such friends, the written Word of God to sustain him, or the Indwelling Holy Spirit to guide him into TRUTH.  I more fully understand Job's heart-cry.

Hear Job's faith in spite of the felt silence of God and the darkness of his pain, "But He knows the way that I take; when He has tested me, I will come forth as gold.  My feet have closely followed His steps; I have kept to His way without turning aside.  I have not departed from the commands of His lips;  I have treasured the words of His mouth more than my daily bread."  (Job 23:10-12).  Job has been through a test of his faith and more appropriately,  what I call a FIRE-WALK!  

If you are in the midst of your FIRE-WALK...may the God of all comfort, compassion, and grace sustain you.  I count it a privilege to intercede for you and encourage you.  "Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need."  (Hebrew 4:16)  Forever learning.  Don't have it down yet...in process.  #IHAVETHREESONS. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

REHEARSALS

ORDER AND DESIGN