HOUSE-BROKEN

Related image    I do not enjoy having animals because of the training of the animal that needs to be done. I hate being trained by an animal!  Years ago, we had a pony, Dusty, who was "green broken" only and it was a game for him to try to get rid of his rider. Needless to say, he was not a delight for three young boys.  One of my husband's favorite sayings, "I have been house-broken by the Lord."  

In my reading of Jacob in chapters 45-47, Jacob is finally coming to the end of Jacob....maybe house-broken?  Of course he is 130 years old and that could account for his submission to the Lord.  Too bad, we waste so many years in "arguing" and "reasoning" with the Lord when we are younger.  Jacob and all his family have been reunited with Joseph and they are all going over to Egypt because of the severe famine.  God speaks to Jacob and once again reaffirms His covenant with Jacob and his progeny. "I am God, the God of your father, He said.  Do not be afraid to go down to Egypt, for I will make you into a great nation there.  I will go down to Egypt with you, and I will surely bring you back again.  And Joseph's own hand will close your eyes. "  Jacob and 66  others leave to settle in Egypt.  

It does take a life-time, it seems for a Christ follower, this one, me,  to be willing to obey immediately and to be willing to align his life with the Word of God.  Thank the Lord, I am in process and learning.  I don't want to wait until I am in the 100+ years to have obedience still in process.  I wonder why we expect sons and daughters to respond to immediate obedience when as adults, we might just "lolly-gag" around when we read or hear instruction from the Word?  I think of Samuel, the prophet's words to ole Saul,  "But Samuel replied: "Does the LORD delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as much as in obeying the LORD? To obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed is better than the fat of rams."  From 1 John 5:3, "This is love for God:  to obey His commands.  And His commands are not burdensome."  Forever learning.  In process.  #IHAVETHREESONS.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

REHEARSALS

ORDER AND DESIGN