MANY NAMES

Related imageEvery time I sign a document, I pause and  consider my different names/signatures/titles I have used in the seasons of  my life:  as a child, first marriage license, college graduation, teaching certificate, renewed teaching certificate, second marriage license, income tax, and passport signatures.  As I work through the Old Testament, I am taken by the different signatures of God.  The myriads of ways that God expresses Himself to us in Scripture.  It is His desire that we know Him personally and intimately.  

Isaiah uses several of God's titles as He expresses Himself in Isaiah 1.  We see Lord, Jehovah, Holy One Jehovah Kadosh, Lord of Hosts, Jehovah Saboath, and Avir Yisra`el.   As I see His names in reading this chapter, my heart and mind quickly run to Jehovah Saboath.  

I always applaud heroes and their willingness to stand alone, sometimes, in the fight of life.   With the eyes of my heart, I can SEE Jehovah Saboath, the ruler of the armies of the angels of Heaven.  This is His warrior name.  Isaiah 1:9 in the KJV uses the term, Lord of Hosts.  As Jehovah Saboath, He has fought and won every battle I have faced and will ever face in life.  Because He fought and won at Calvary and the empty tomb, we are declared "more than conquerors".  Aligned with the many passages of the Old Testament referring to Jehovah Saboath, Revelation 19: 11-16 is John, the Revelator's description of the Mighty Warrior.  "I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True.  With justice He judges and makes war.  His eyes are like blazing fire, and Head are many crowns.  He has a name written on Him that no one knows but He Himself.  He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and His name is the Word of God.  The armies of heaven were following Him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean.  Out of His mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations.  He will rule them with an iron scepter.  He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty.  On His robe and on His thigh He has this name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS."  I love this image of Jehovah Saboath. In His time, He will fight again to reclaim and restore ALL that was surrendered to the evil one in the Garden.  Oh dear Abba, truly You are Jehovah Saboath, because You fought and won,  and 1 John 5:4-5  reassures me, "For everyone born of God overcomes the world.  This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. Who is it that overcomes the world?  Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God."  I love you, Jehovah Saboath.  Ever learning!  In process as an Overcomer!  #IHAVETHREESONS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REHEARSALS

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

ORDER AND DESIGN