I GOTTA BE RIGHT!

Image result for google clipart of someone right   In my time in the Word and with the Lord this morning, there are several decisions that need to be made. As I was mulling over the decisions and asking the Holy Spirit to give His counsel, which is one of His best "job assignments", He went rogue on me and left the request at hand.  He moved to fingering me about always wanting and trying to be Right.  In defense, I could claim my position as an only child and having no one else to push blame on and hating pain and correction, so I just chose to try to do right. In trying to be right and do right, I could escape a spanking,  a forfeit of something special, or a lecture!  Goodness, I dreaded the lectures.  Too bad I didn't remember that fact when I corrected three sons!  

The COUNSELOR brought it to my attention that it was NOT about my being an only child and hating pain, but rather about my pride and always wanting to be right and do right, ie, vindication and performance!  That fragrance has wafted before me so many times that I should have known its aroma.  Obviously, I have not been pure of heart in my desire for righteousness.  HE also reminded me that my pride was nailed to Calvary and HE died the death for my sin and ALL my other sins.  By HIS death and HIS resurrection, I have been delivered from the domain of darkness in my thinking and in my behaving. HIS promise to me from John 8:36, "So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed."   Thank You, Father, I confess what You already know.  Thank You for delivering me from my pride and its expressions.  Praise You. I bring my decisions back to Your attention, Holy Spirit, and I need Your wisdom to make the decisions.  Ever learning!  In process!  #IHAVETHREESONS.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REHEARSALS

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

ORDER AND DESIGN