MAKING RUINS INTO A GARDEN

Image result for GOOGLE CLIP ART SHOWING RUINS    I have not seen some of the "precious ruins" of great architecture of the ages, but I have seen some of what I have perceived as "ruins" from my own life. As I am finishing up my reading of Isaiah, I saw these verses and thought of my "ruins"..."The Lord will surely comfort Zion (I put my name in the place of Zion) and will look with compassion on all her ruins; HE will make her deserts like the garden of the Lord.  Joy and gladness will be found in her, thanksgiving and the sound of singing." Isaiah 51:3.  I also saw the passage marked with a date asking the Lord to make my "ruins" a garden.  

I usually have a "saying" about some of the events of my life and when I eyeball what I perceive as a ruin or a mess, (hot or cold!) I have applied the truth of Romans 8:28, "And we know that all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." Of course ALL in HIS purview and timing. I have also given it a Graves translation: All of the messes of my life, which I refer to as a dung heap, GOD IS ABLE, to make fertilizer out of them for my spiritual good.  In the process of His ability to make my messes into fertilizer, I can move to rejoicing for it is His pleasure that I know HIM.  Making fertilizer is another long process, so I would prefer NOT to make messes and have ruins, but when I do, rather than grouse and complain, I cry out for mercy and grace and for Him to make fertilizer for a garden in my life and for it to benefit somebody to His glory!  Ever learning!  In process!  #IHAVETHREESONS.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REHEARSALS

ORDER AND DESIGN

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS