NO FISHING ALLOWED

Image result for GOOGLE CLIP ART OF SIGN OF NO FISHING ALLOWED  My reading has diverted me from Isaiah, at the present, to Micah, a contemporary of Isaiah.  Micah was a prophet in Israel, ministering in 742 BC,  yet his prophecies are addressed to Israel and Judah.  I will return to Isaiah again.

Micah has several nuggets of value, but I will focus on the largest nugget of gold.  It is found in Micah 7:18-19, "Who is a God like you, who pardons sins and forgives the transgression of the remnant of His inheritance?  You do not stay angry forever but delight to show mercy.  You will again have compassion on us; You will tread our sins underfoot and hurl all our iniquities into the depth of the sea." What a rich truth and reassurance of God's love and forgiveness...GRACE!  I wondered the highest and the lowest of the earth?  Mariana's Trench in the western Pacific Ocean is 36, 037 feet deep or about 7 miles deep.  The highest point on the Earth is Mount Everest which is 29,027 feet above sea level.  That means the vertical from deep to high is about 12.3 miles.  In the Psalms 36:5-6, "Your love, O Lord, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies.  Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains, your justice like the great deep." 

Love and faithfulness that reaches upward and the forgiveness of  my sin that is buried  in the depths of the sea.  Is that a  "hugmongus" nugget of truth or what?  A love and forgiveness, undeserved, yet given to us because of the blood of the Lord Jesus and His willingness to die the death that we deserved to die.  A commentator on this passage made a statement that is so true...now to practice.  He says that there is a "no fishing sign" posted where my guilt and my  sins are buried.  I am thinking that suggests, I do not need to revisit and keep repenting of the same sin which I have already confessed and repented.   Relief and freedom!  Ever learning!  In process, still!  #IHAVETHREESONS.  
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REHEARSALS

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

ORDER AND DESIGN