WHY DO I LOVE THEE?

Image result for google clip art showing love  Oh my goodness, the Psalm for today takes me back to 9th or 10th grade English and Elizabeth Barrett Browning's poem, "How Do I Love Thee?"  Let me count the ways. I love thee to the depth and breadth and height My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight For the ends of being and ideal grace. I love thee to the level of every day's Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light. I love thee freely, as men strive for right.  I recall it was written to her husband, but this could be the heart of this anonymous author of this Psalm 116. The author expresses the whys of his love for the Lord.  
 Lord,(Jehovah, the covenant name of God, I AM,)I love You!
  • You hear my voice when I cried for mercy.
  • You listened to me.
  • You saved me (delivered me) from an experience which could have been death, trouble, and sorrow.
  • Jehovah,You are gracious and righteous.
  • Elohim,You are full of compassion.
  • You have protected simple-hearted me and I was in great need.
  • Jehovah, You are good to me and my mind, will, and emotions can be at rest.
  • Jehovah, You have delivered my eyes from fears.
  • Jehovah, You have delivered my feet from stumbling.
  • Because You have delivered me, I am still living here on earth.
  • I will "repay" You with praises for Your goodness to me.
  • I will call on Your name, Jehovah.
  • I will be obedient to fulfill my promises I have made to You.  
  • I know that the one who dies is very precious to You.
  • Praise You for freeing me from my chains!
  • Because You have freed me, I will call on Your name and NOT trust in my flesh to prevail!
  • Because I love You, I will be faithful to be submissive to the Holy Spirit who indwells and empowers me.
  • My praises will be intentional and vocal.
I am so grateful for Abba who pursued and loved me even while I was yet a sinner and HE provided a Savior to die in my place!  Romans 5:8, "But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, He died for us." "Amazing love, how can it be that You, my King would die for me?" GRATEFUL! Forever learning!  In process, still.  #IHAVETHREESONS. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REHEARSALS

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

ORDER AND DESIGN