WAITING EXPECTANTLY

Image result for CLIP ART SHOWING WAITING PATIENTLY





I marvel at the phlegmatic who exudes peace, quiet, and patience. I dislike traffic lights which control north and south traffic on Grapevine Highway, they seem to stop the traffic forever but change quickly when it turns green and turn red again more quickly.  The poor east and west traffic coming off of Davis Boulevard take their lives in their own hands when they are trying to turn into the flow of north and south traffic.  All this nonsense complaint just to simply say, I am not a patient waiter.   

King David in Psalm 5 asks of the Lord, "Give ear to my words, O Lord, consider my signing."  Give ear in the word picture of the Hebrew is the picking up of the ears like the puppy dog when he hears a sound, his ears pick up.  David is asking the Lord to pick up His ears to hear his complaint.  He now makes the same request, but in other words, "Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God."  David shows an intimacy with the Lord, Jehovah, when he refers to Him as my king and my God.  He seems to clarify, "Jehovah, I pray to you as my King and as my God, and no one else."  He reminds God that he comes to Him in the morning and he orders or directs his prayer requests to Him.  Then he adds a priceless declaration..."wait in expectation". 

I settled in on the phrase a few weeks ago as I was working through my prayer journal.  I recall that David, before he was king, was on the run for 25 long years from King Saul and his henchmen before he became king. As I pray, am I willing to wait in expectation of what God is going to do or do I get weary or impatient after a while and just figure it may not have been God's will to give my request?  Have I considered that my waiting my not just be about "little ole waiting me"?  God's purview is perfect and my request may affect the lives of more than just me.  God is going to do what is best for my spiritual welfare and His glory.  I recall the impatient Israelites who wanted meat, and God gave it to them and also sent them some major stomach problems to go with the impatient and ungrateful requests.  So I am learning to wait expectantly for the Lord God to be glorified and receive what He has purposed as "best" for me. There are too many models of impatience in Scripture and I can learn.    Forever learning!  In process!  #IHAVETHREESONS  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REHEARSALS

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

ORDER AND DESIGN