MY REFUGE

Image result for clip art of a fortressOne of my many favs is Psalm 91.  I have done some color coding of  Scriptures and the first few verses of the Psalm I will think on today, and color in orange for this is a promise.   "He who dwells in the shelter of the MOST HIGH will abide in the shadow of the ALMIGHTY.  I will say to the LORD, 'My refuge and my fortress, my GOD in whom I trust." I chose to capitalize those names of God because as I did some checking I find that the names are showing His character, His care, and the blessing of security that we have in Him.  

The first name is MOST HIGH:  El Elyon:  The Most High above all others.  He is sovereign ruler; He is involved; He is the final word.  He is the highest Judge of any court that you and I can appeal.  Yes, Father, I choose to dwell here with YOU as MOST HIGH.

If I am willing to dwell/settle down in the Most High, I can abide/rest in the shadow of the ALMIGHTY.  ALMIGHTY: El Shaddai: Almighty God is the one who nourishes me; He pours forth blessing; I can lean on Him; He satisfies; He comforts; He gives rest and warmth; He corrects rather than punishes; He is able to turn hearts; He is able to restore me; He is the fountain of life; The Living Water;  He is present in my weakness, and He is my Source.  

Oh LORD, YOU alone are my refuge, I will not trust in any other!  LORD: Jehovah Jahweh You are righteous; You are true; You are holy; You hate my sin; You are antagonist toward evil; You provided Jesus for You are the gracious provision of redemption; and You are identified with Jesus, the name of rejoicing.  

YOU are my GOD in whom I will trust.  GOD: Elohim God, You are Unmoved; You are self-contained; You are self-sufficient; You have no obligation; You are faithful; You cannot fail; You are the only One who stands by Your creation; You will never forsake us. 

What provision has been made with loving care and faithfulness for you and me!  Thank You Father!  All praise and honor to You.  Forever learning!  In process!  $IHAVETHREESONS


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REHEARSALS

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

ORDER AND DESIGN