IN WHOM OR IN WHAT IS MY CONFIDENCE?

Image result for CLIP ART OF RICHES    Power, possessions, and position...Solomon has it all!  He is the king in the counting house counting out his money from the ole nursery rhyme.  Solomon is regarded as the wisest man, the richest man, and the man with the most wives, concubines, and stables with horses.  Because he asks the Lord for wisdom and discernment  to rule his people, instead of asking riches and fame for himself, the Lord gives him wisdom and discernment yet HE also gives him riches and honor.  As any wise parent, God gives him this counsel, "But if you or your sons turn away from me and do not observed the commands and decrees I have given you and go off to serve other gods and worship them..." 1 Kings 9:6a.

It is not the power, possessions, and position that taints and then draws our hearts away from the Lord God, but the SETTING of our hearts on attaining and maintaining all that we have been blessed by the Lord.  How easily we transition into thinking that these attainments are the works of our hands, our sweat, and our toils! 

 I don't know about you, but there are times that I find myself somewhat like a three year old with his/her most famous pronoun, "MINE".  I have found that God is not intimidated by my loud whines and shrill cries when HE decides to touch some of my things, lovies which have taken priority.  My idols are not the kind hanging from the mirror of my car or an object that I may set on my mantle made out of bronze or some other metal.  There are many "things" that I can give first priority and precedence rather than God and my time with Him:  too tired, too busy, my family, my mate, my church activities, my job, my children, my opinions...the list is endless.  I don't plan to have an idol but though my scheduling of my life, I can omit HIM as FIRST PLACE.  The culprit is not the evil one, but little ole selfish me!  "For the Lord will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being snared."  Proverbs 3:26  I get to examine self  and my lovies...WHOM or WHAT do I put my confidence?  Forever learning!  In process! #IHAVETHREESONS
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REHEARSALS

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

ORDER AND DESIGN