I FEEL A RANT COMING ON!



Related imageI feel a rant coming on for sure.  Proverbs 26:11 tells me , "As a dog returns to its vomit, so a fool repeats his folly."  For the life of me, I cannot figure out why we choose to return to a behavior which is catastrophic to our mental, physical, emotional, or spiritual welfare.  I guess I have hit the golden age where I don't have the time or the energy to try to recoup any wasted time much less years of trying to recoup the hellish damage. I attended the viewing of a 22 year old woman last night, and with the death of my own son who was much older, I am REMINDED again that death is not a respecter of age! 

John 10:10, "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full"  What a promise!  Why would I choose to allow the crap-shoot that the evil one wants to play with my life and destroy me?  It just doesn't make sense that one would not allow the Lord to master him/her but would allow the evil one master him/her with his "gifts".  Galatians 5:1,"IT IS FOR FREEDOM THAT CHRIST HAS SET US FREE.  STAND FIRM, THEN AND DO NOT LET YOURSELVES BE BURDENED AGAIN BY A YOKE OF SLAVERY.Looking up that word burdened in the Greek, it is the word, ENSNARED! Why do I want to be ensnared by something or someone who has destruction in its heart and I am to be its devoured meal?  I guess that some just don't get it that whatever we give allegiance will own/master us!  Prayers upward Christ followers! Forever learning!  In process! #IHAVETHREESONS.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REHEARSALS

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

ORDER AND DESIGN