WHAT DO YOU CRY ABOUT?

Image result for GOOGLE CLIPART OF SOMEONE CRYINGI have finished my reading of Jeremiah and now move on to his work in Lamentations.  Jerusalem has fallen, and the year is 586 B.C.  The people of Judah have been killed, tortured, or taken captive by Babylon.  Lamentations is more of Jeremiah's personal testimony of what he has felt and how he is coping through the loss.  The reading is like a funeral dirge or a funeral song.  Jeremiah is heavy hearted as he is grieving for Jerusalem, Judea, the people, and the Lord God.  Tears suggest a lot about a person, and Jeremiah's tears seems to link him to the heart of God.

Chapter 3 and Jeremiah is DONE!  He has been obedient to preach to a stubborn people who have not listened, and he is weary from the rejection of truth.  He is recounting to the Lord  in gut-level honesty and transparency how he feels about the years he has spent and he is crying out to God, even perhaps, feeling forsaken by God.  Yet, in his painful complaints, he is willing to REMEMBER and speak conscious truth to himself, "Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail.  They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.  I say to myself, 'The Lord is my portion (inheritance); therefore I will wait for Him."

I, like you, have felt DONENESS.  The real thought is to throw up the hands in disgust, but wait, the still small voice whispers, "Cheryl, I AM NOT DONE even though you are weary and think you are done.  I know how fragile and frail you are. Yield to me by humbling yourself under MY mighty hand. I am your energy, your strength, and I will renew you.  Just like I told Isaiah, you will mount up with wings and soar.  You will run and you with walk in faith until I call you home.  So get moving!"  GREAT IS YOUR FAITHFULNESS, O GOD!  Forever learning!  Still in process!  #IHAVETHREESONSSTILL!   

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REHEARSALS

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

ORDER AND DESIGN