ANOTHER JEWEL TO WEAR

  Image result for CLIP ART OF A JEWELI have never had much precious jewelry, but almost every time I am in the Word of God, I see a jewel that I would love to permanently wear as part of my identity as a Christ follower.  As I close out Isaiah and move into Jeremiah and his prophecy to Judah, my last gem from Isaiah is this, "Has not my hand made all these things, and so they came into being"  This is the one I esteem; he who is humble and contrite in spirit, and trembles at my word."  Isaiah 66:2.  

The NIV uses the word esteem, the King James Version uses the word, look.  I think I might prefer look.  In the Hebrew, the word, look, means to look intently or to scan.  The Lord Jesus is looking intently at His created humans.  His eyes seem to fasten on the one who is humble...lowly in circumstances, afflicted, needy.  Hey, needy?  Boy do, I qualify!  The more I realize how needy I am, the more I desperately fall on Him and trust Him.  

The one who is needy realizes that he/she is smitten, stricken, maimed  by the fall. Of himself, herself, spiritually bankrupt.  I must trust in Him for my identity and my security.  Because of His great love for us, He places the righteousness of Christ into our spiritual faith account.  

The last description of the character for whom He looks, the one who trembles at His Word.  The one who respects, honors, and obeys His Word.  I choose to honor His Word because of the One who has spoken.  I owe Him my all!  May I be so identified as I continue in the process of living and learning.   Forever learning!  In process, still!  #IHAVETHREESONS. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REHEARSALS

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

ORDER AND DESIGN