SHOW 'N TELL

Image result for CLIP ART SHOWING BEING TAUGHT BY SOMEONE     As a child, I hated lectures, pain, and disappointment of parents.  More than likely, that which I hated as a child, I used on my own children...lectures and pain from either a spanking or a removal of privileges. Bless their dear dear forgiving hearts of this parent! 

In my readings in Jeremiah, I constantly see and hear God speaking correction (repentance and confession), mercy, and grace to a disobedient nation of His children, Judah. That dreaded D word, discipline, does not always have to be negative.  Of course, the choice of discipline is usually based on the response of the child...whatever age.  In the Hebrew, discipline is the word chastisement or instruction.   As soon as we become Christ followers, we begin the learning process which I prefer to call child-training. Our loving Father has given several Instructors to "show 'n tell us".  The Instructors:  The Word of God, the Holy Spirit, and other Christ followers about us to share the Truth...if we are willing to hear, receive, and obey.  

Not that I fully understand, but in light of the Scripture from 1 Thessalonians 5:17 we are commanded to "Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus", I think about the times God has been child-training me, what has been my response?  You can just betcha I have not immediately moved to praise and thanksgiving!  I have thanked HIM for the sake of obedience, but I have not always been thankful out of faith.  Today, as I read Jeremiah, God has told him to tell Judah to "bow their neck under the yoke of the king of Babylon and serve him." My interpretation: HE promises them if they will bow to the child-training that HE has brought about because of their hellish rebellion, then "I (the Lord) will bring them back and restore them to this place."  Jeremiah 27:11-22.  Will we submit and learn?

Just wondering? What child-training has God been instructing from His Word?  One can choose to bow and respond in submission and thanksgiving for the correction or move to apathy, be angry and rebellious.  Are we grateful that God so loves us to child-train us? I been been graciously shown and told!  Ever learning!  In process, still!  #IHAVETHREESONS.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REHEARSALS

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

ORDER AND DESIGN