MULLINGS FROM EZEKIEL

Image result for clip art showing a pile of bones  I am quickly working through Ezekiel.  Ezekiel has several key words and phrases which are so very Ezekiel:  "Sovereign Lord", "Son of Man", and "Then they will know I am God". Ezekiel is continuing the message that Jeremiah kept speaking to a rebellious people who consistently are not listening and will not obey.  The closing chapters are messages of hope, promises of restoration which they needed to hear and I need to hear today.

Ezekiel, chapter 37, is taken by the Spirit of the Lord to a valley and what a sight..."full of bones", dry and scattered!  God asks Ezekiel, "Son of man, can these bones live?"  (Interesting question for the INFINITE to be asking the finite!) Ezekiel's reply, "O Sovereign Lord, You alone know."  Ezekiel begins to experience his own video game show as God speaks breath, tendons, flesh, skin, and life to the bones. 

The vision was very symbolic of Israel and Judah...their hope, after 70 years in captivity was as dried up as the bones.  Hear God's promise to them, "I will put my spirit in you and you will live, and I will settle you in your own land.  Then you will know that I the Lord have spoken, and I have done it, declares the Lord." 37:14

Has your hope (confidence and waiting on the Lord) gotten dried up and lifeless?  Have you become so weary that pessimism, cynicism, and despair have become the mindset?  RUN TO GOD!  Go ahead and "fess up" to your despair, yield yourself under the Mighty hand of God, and claim your promise that the Spirit of God is in you, and that you want His life (restoration and reviving) to come to your mind, will, and emotions.  I hear ole Dave's prayer in Psalm 51:12, "Restore to me the joy of Your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me."  You can come alive again to His Spirit and experience His healing or you can sit, soak, and sulk bound in misery which the evil one LOVES.  Just know, we ALL, as Christ followers get weary yet we cannot unpack our luggage/baggage and decide to stay in weary hotel!  Forever learning!  In process, still.  #IHAVETHREESONS.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

REHEARSALS

ORDER AND DESIGN