I PROMISE

Image result for google clipart of a promise made 



  I am the very first to confess that I am finite and that God's ways and thoughts are astounding to me at times...most of the time.  Bless Jeremiah's heart, in chapter 33, still imprisoned for doing what God has commanded him to do, Lord God speaks to him again with this promise: "Call to Me and I will answer you , and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know."  God has again promised Jeremiah that Israel and Judah will again be restored and will be brought back to their land.  I don't know about Jeremiah, but I know me and my ability to understand and I would probably ask the Lord God to tell me what HE needs me to know.  I am clueless about "great and unsearchable things I do not know".  Let's face it!  Every day is a reminder that my knowledge is finite!  However, I am willing to call to Him and He has promised to answer me.  

The second promise regarding Israel and Judah, "The days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will fulfill the gracious promise I made to the house of Israel and to the house of Judah."  This promise was fulfilled when Judah's 70 years were accomplished in exile and they returned to the land, and also when Israel became a nation in 1948. The rest of the promise is also futuristic, "In those days and at that time, I will make a righteous Branch sprout from David's line; He will do what is just and right in the land.  In those days Judah will be saved and Jerusalem will live in safety.  This is the time by which it will be called:  The Lord Our Righteousness."  The Messiah was given as Immanuel, God with us, and when HE says so, we will see Him again setting up the New Jerusalem.   Truly HE is Jehovah Tsidkenu, our Righteousness and the Righteousness of every Christ follower.  Praise You for promises made and promises kept.  Ever learning!  In process!  #IHAVETHREESONS.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REHEARSALS

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

ORDER AND DESIGN