A GEM SHINING BRIGHTLY

Image result for CLIP ART OF COMMANDER IN CHIEFIn my reading of Jeremiah, I see a gem repeated numerous times.  In fact in Isaiah and Jeremiah, it is used over 200 times.  I get it!  I want to know why the title or the name of the Lord God Almighty is used repeatedly.  In Scripture, a name was given as a reminder of a circumstance, or as a revelation of that specific person, or the active presence of the person.  

Jeremiah had served under five kings of Judah: Josiah was a good king, and from there, downhill toward destruction, with kings Jehoahaz, Jehoiakim, Jehoiachin, and finally, Zedekiah. The times were perilous and he was the voice of reason and warning to the kings of the coming doom on Judah by Babylon if they did not repent.  Judah had watched Israel continue in their sin and it should have been a major 911, red alert, but alas, Judah ignored, and will march headlong into Babylonia captivity.

Jeremiah wanted the people to know when he spoke that he was speaking the message given to him by a higher power and authority than a mere human king.  It was a message of the Lord God Almighty...Jehovah Saboath, the Commander in Chief of the armies of the heavenly hosts.  God desired that the people know and understand that a Sovereign was speaking to them and that they best hear and obey.  

When I think of powers, authorities, and rulers throughout our world today, there is still only ONE SOVEREIGN COMMANDER IN CHIEF, and even though it "looks like" a president, a king, a dictator, or a premier is sovereign in command, you and I best understand that only Jehovah Saboath is in command and that at HIS spoken word, powers, authorities, and rulers rise and fall.  I love it, Jehovah Saboath is not hindered by the foolish or even the attempts at best thinking of mere humans, me specifically, so therefore, HE is not hindered by circumstances which assail us.  I have found some 26 revelations of God's names from Scripture, and this is definitely one of my favorites. Praise You, Jehovah Saboath, You are my Commander in Chief of my life and it just may require all the heavenly hosts to protect me! (LOL!)  Ever learning!  In process!  #IHAVETHREESONS.           

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REHEARSALS

ORDER AND DESIGN

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS