IN A TIME OF DISTRESS

 Image result for google clip art showing distress
 Another verse comes to my attention in my reading for today: "Now in the time of his distress this same King Ahaz became yet more unfaithful to the Lord."  2 Chronicles 28:22.  He went to a number of sources for help because Assyria was preparing to come against Judah.  He resorted to sacrifice to the "gods of  Damascus" to appeal for relief.  Fully entrenched in self-deception, he cuts up the utensils used for worship in the house of God and "he closed the doors of the house of the Lord, and made altar for himself in every corner of Jerusalem."  Please also note that Scripture records that all of his ways are recorded in the "Book of Kings of Judah and Israel."

Two observations come to mind from Scripture and both from Paul to the readers of that age and still pertinent today: "Now these things happened to them as an example and they were written for our instruction, upon whom the ends of the ages have come."  I Corinthians 10:11 and Romans 15:4, "For whatever was written in earlier times was written for our instruction, that through perseverance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope."  

Like you, I have experienced dis tress and dis ease in my years.  I remind you first of what does NOT bring about relief...from my own experience...anger, bitterness, judgment of others, being more critical or cynical, and NOT even chocolate gives the relief that is necessary!  BUT, 1 Peter 5:6-7,  "Humble yourselves therefore, under the might hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time casting all your anxiety upon Him, because He care for you."  This choice alleviates some of the stress and admits to the Lord what HE already knows...I can't handle it, BUT HE IS ABLE, so I list my cares of distress and dis ease and cast on HIM freeing HIM for His working.  Of course, I have to repeat the truth often because I have given in to some default operatives in the past.  I will still struggle, but now, I am learning an obedient way.  Ever learning! In process! #IHAVETHREESONS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REHEARSALS

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

ORDER AND DESIGN